My Large Format photography checklist for my Cambo SC 4×5 Monorail camera.
- Insert all dark slides with ‘silver’ side showing into the film holders.
- Load film, the side with the notches goes to the upper right.
- Make sure the dark slides are pushed back all the way.
- Set up tripod, one leg towards the subject.
- Put camera on the tripod, point it roughly to the subject.
- Use spirit level to make sure that the camera is level and that the film plane is vertical (if desired).
- Attach dark cloth to the camera, open the lens and focus using the loupe.
- Move the tripod connector on the monorail if it’s not possible to focus correctly.
- Use tilts and swings to fine-tune the focus desired and composition.
- Close the lens.
- Measure light and decided on exposure.
- Take reciprocity into account.
- Set aperture and exposure on the lens.
- Insert film holder using the lever, release the lever again.
(This lever may be specific to my Cambo camera)
- Make sure the camera hasn’t moved on the tripod.
- Pull out the dark slide.
- Expose the negative.
- Put back dark slide with the black side showing to indicate that this side has been exposed.
- The Mod54 holds 6 sheets max.
- Align the notches of the film sheets to the top left.
- Make sure the centre column of the tank is aligned correctly so the agitator can be used.
Please follow and like us: